Friday, February 27, 2009

Rub My Tummy for Good Luck



Last night, my girl Mara and I had quite the date (yes, boys, it was better than any you have taken me on).  We started off at Buddha's Belly on the corner of Beverly and Gardner (the other location is near 3rd Street in Santa Monica).  This place is SO delicious and vegetarian- and vegan-friendly.  We started off with the Spicy Ahi Tuna Tartare, then followed it up with the Thai Green Curry Chicken and Tofu Steak.  So tasty.  The prices are surprisingly low and the ambiance is very chill.  Street parking might be tough but the valet is only $4.  So spring up, cheapos.  

After dinner, we went to Crane's Tavern (no website) in Hollywood to see a band called Zenrizing.  The music was loud and I even found myself tapping my booties every so often.  And to say the performance was entertaining would be an understatement.  At times, I channeled Randy Jackson and was like, "Yo, dawg, that performance was a bit pitchy!" but the band definitely gets into the jams...and two of the band members even took off their shirts.  Hot?  Mara and I were totally sober which heightened the experience, but swig back some brewskies or pop an acid tab and you'll travel to another dimension.  Show times are listed on their site.  I'll even go along if you want to tag-team a viewing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment