Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hot Sub!




Screw Subway, man. No matter how much lettuce they throw on top of the packaged turkey on that bread, I always leave there feeling unsatisfied. When I want a sandwich, I want a big, hearty, meaty sandwich that fills my belly to the brim.

Now I used to be in sales. For three years, I sold and bought air space for television and radio stations all over the country. I'm also outgoing and perky and could probably sell you a piece of crap covered in 14K gold if I tried hard enough. But a sandwich from Jersey Mike's Subs? Now that I don't have to sell.

This stuff is the real deal. Freshly sliced meat right in front of your eyes. Bread baked daily on premises. Fresh cheese and toppings. The workers have high energy, are enthusiastic, and up the ante of the store's vibe. Oh, and although they're young, the workers aren't half bad to look at either. The #13 Italian is their most popular sandwich and my favorite is the #7, turkey and provolone, on wheat, minus the provolone, add salami, Mike's Way, no tomato. For $10 you get a regular-sized sandwich, chips, and a drink. Don't pass on the cookies. They're incredible. My two faves are the chocolate chip (200 calories) and oatmeal reason (180 calories). Just do an extra 20 minutes on the treadmil at 4.1 mph with an 8.0 incline. Then you won't feel so guilty.

Oh, and my uncle owns the place. But you were sold before I said that, right? There's a reason why he's #2 out of the hundreds of stores in the country.

19350 C Nordhoff St.
Northridge, CA 91324
(in the Best Buy shopping center across from the Northridge Mall)

No comments:

Post a Comment